The 2021 STEM Discovery Campaign is a joint international initiative organised by Scientix that invites projects, organisations, libraries, schools, universities and youth clubs across Europe and around the world, to celebrate careers and studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
The tagline for this year’s campaign is:Sustainability and Citizenship
We believe it’s the time to take action and encourage every stakeholder involved in education to organise activities that will increase students’ awareness about these topics, highlighting relevant skills that students will need in the near future.
Running from the 1st of February 2021 until the 30th of April 2021 with a peak of activities during the week of 23-30th April, the STEM Discovery Campaign is a celebration of the ongoing commitment and work carried out by dedicated teachers and any every stakeholder in education to improve science education and literacy in Europe.
We encourage everyone to get involved in the 2021 STEM Discovery Campaign by organising STEM activities and featuring them on the STEM Discovery Campaign map! Here are some ideas of what you can do to contribute to one of the biggest STEM campaigns worldwide:
- Organise any (online) STEM activity with/for your students, such as webinars, chats, discussion boards, quizzes etc.
- Participate in one of our STEM competitions (see the “Competitions” section)
- Use the Scientix Moodle to create your own online courses
- Use the Scientix Online Meeting Room to host your own webinars, live events, Q&A etc.
- Participate in one of our online events (see the “Other opportunities” section)
- Write a story of implementation on the STEM Discovery Campaign Blog
- For schools, projects and organisations: become an official partner of the 2021 STEM Discovery Campaign
Every action listed above can be included on the STEM Discovery Campaign map and therefore help us encourage more people to organise educational activities on the topics of sustainability and citizenship!