Last year was the first year of operation of our network. EASE: the European network of STEAM educators.
From an idea, we evolved into an active platform, with content that is periodically updated and with resources, information and knowledge that can be relevant for any STEAM educator who wants to carry out a better educational stimulation in the people we work with.
In the last year, we were able to boost:
- a community based on the social network Facebook with 666 users (https://www.facebook.com/groups/steameducators);
- a platform with 83 articles published on STEAM Education at https://ease-educators.com);
- a European map of “Makerspaces 4 Education”, a concept that we established and which brings together 1133 organizations (makerspaces, hackerspaces, fablabs, code schools, schools, science clubs), with the respective contacts, but permanently updatable;
- a repository with 81 scientific texts on STEAM Education;
- 14 Lesson Plans, ready-to-print resources for educators/teachers to implement a STEAM activity with great ease and guidance;
- 11 articles for STEAM Education on Marketplace, with significant discounts for EASE members;
But we want to accomplish more this year:
- we want to raise the previous numbers;
- we want to establish our platform with MOOC’s on STEAM Education;
- we want to establish the first European certification system for STEAM educators;
- we want to organize the first Summit on STEAM Education (September 2022);
To achieve our goals, we are renewing our network and the bodies that compose it for the year 2022, extending the mandate of those who have already collaborated and/or integrating new colleagues.
Here is the possibility: If you want to participate in the EASE deliberative bodies for 2022/23, submit your application until April 19, 2022.